Sophie gave this Over the Top award to me. My second award this week. I’m so thrilled. Thank you so much Sophie!
By accepting this award I agree to:
Copy these 35 questions and change the answers to suit you and then pass it on. Try to keep your answers to one word each question. Once you have filled it out, be sure to pass it on to 6 of your favorite bloggers and alert them that they have been awarded!
1. Where is your cell phone? desk
2. Your hair? red
3. Your mother? friend
4. Your father? great
5. Your favorite food? seafood
6. Your dream last night? none
7. Your favorite drink? lemon drop martini
8. Your dream/goal? happy
9. What room are you in? office
10. Your hobby? reading
11. Your fear? insecurity
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? retired
13. Where were you last night? cheer
14. Something that you aren’t? quiet
15. Muffins? NOT
16. Wish list item? house
17. Where did you grow up? Washington
18. Last thing you did? computer
19. What are you wearing? jeans
20. Your TV? off
21. Your pets? crazy
22. Friends? rock
23. Your life? content
24. Your mood? frustrated
25. Missing someone? yes
26. Vehicle? baby
27. Something you’re not wearing? make up
28. Your favorite store? Paper Source
29. Your favorite color? green
30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Tuesday
32. Your best friend? hubby
33. One place that I go to over and over? Borders
34. One person who emails me regularly? sister
35. Favorite place to eat? Chinooks
And now, to the 6 following bloggy friends I bestow this award on you:
The fabulous Kat gave me the Honest Scrap award. Thanks Kat. You’re pretty wonderful. 🙂
As a recipient of this award, I am to share 10 things that people don’t know about me. I’ve really had to think about this one.
- I am uber-competitive… with MYSELF! I am constantly trying to one-up myself and I drive myself crazy with it all. I have been this way as long as I can remember. I never really cared about other kid’s grades in school. I just wanted to exceed my best.
- Cheese on vegetables makes me ill. I will never eat any type of cheese on a vegetable. I like vegetables and I like cheese but never together.
- I wanted to be a librarian when I was growing up because I love to read. So, I became a library aid and realized how boring it was! All that quiet time is just too much for me to handle. A bookstore would do for me. :
- I learned how to swim when I was 2 years old. When I was young, we lived across the street from a community pool and I was in the water every day nearly all day long. I loved it.
- I am the co-owner (with my hubby) of the only female operated electric sign company in my town (which happens to be an old school kinda place). My favorite thing is when customers assume I’m married to the man standing next to me, whichever employee that happens to be. My “real” husband runs his own company.
- When I was little I used to come home from school crying that the kids were picking on someone other than me. One boy in particular lived down the street from us and he was very gangly and kept to himself. My classmates were horrible to him. I always felt so sorry for him.
- My first job was as a file clerk for Safeway. I sorted, organized and filed for 8 hours every day.
- My favorite movie ever is the Sound of Music. When I was 13 I was fortunate enough to go to Europe where I was able to see some of the set locations in Austria. I was thrilled!
- When I was a little girl, my grandparents told me I could have a horse and keep it at their house. But my parents wouldn’t let me. I’m scarred for life. 🙂 Now, my daughter keeps asking for a horse and my answer is always, “No way”. Too much work and too expensive to feed.
- I am extremely stubborn. If someone tells me not to do something and I don’t agree with them then I will do exactly what they tell me not to do. When I had a boss to report to this really didn’t work out so well for me. And if I tell you I’m not coming back, I really mean it!
I am also supposed to pass this along to 10 other “honest scrap” bloggers. Because this is a much more “revealing” award, I’m going to leave it up to the recipients to determine whether they’d like to play along. I will not be offended in any way if the people I’ve chosen decided to opt out.
And my award recipients are (drumroll, please):
I joined the Health You Challenge (HYC)! Scale Junkie developed the challenge to encourage people to become healthier. According to her website, the purpose of the challenge is to “encourage and celebrate”:
Exercise – according to your limitations and doctors recommendations
Stay on YOUR healthy eating plan
Non Scale Victories
Supporting other bloggers with similar goals, even if they aren’t a part of the challenge
Asking for help when you feel discouraged
I just love that! The hardest part of losing weight is to stay positive and motivated. This challenge will provide me with a method of supporting others who are experiencing the same setbacks and success that I am experiencing. And hopefully, it will provide me the support I need to meet my goals. The weekly check-in will provide me with a way to stay on track with my goals.
Cheers to the HYC and all of the participants! If you get a chance, visit the participating blogs of the HYC and give them some support.