The fabulous Kat gave me the Honest Scrap award. Thanks Kat. You’re pretty wonderful. 🙂
As a recipient of this award, I am to share 10 things that people don’t know about me. I’ve really had to think about this one.
- I am uber-competitive… with MYSELF! I am constantly trying to one-up myself and I drive myself crazy with it all. I have been this way as long as I can remember. I never really cared about other kid’s grades in school. I just wanted to exceed my best.
- Cheese on vegetables makes me ill. I will never eat any type of cheese on a vegetable. I like vegetables and I like cheese but never together.
- I wanted to be a librarian when I was growing up because I love to read. So, I became a library aid and realized how boring it was! All that quiet time is just too much for me to handle. A bookstore would do for me. :
- I learned how to swim when I was 2 years old. When I was young, we lived across the street from a community pool and I was in the water every day nearly all day long. I loved it.
- I am the co-owner (with my hubby) of the only female operated electric sign company in my town (which happens to be an old school kinda place). My favorite thing is when customers assume I’m married to the man standing next to me, whichever employee that happens to be. My “real” husband runs his own company.
- When I was little I used to come home from school crying that the kids were picking on someone other than me. One boy in particular lived down the street from us and he was very gangly and kept to himself. My classmates were horrible to him. I always felt so sorry for him.
- My first job was as a file clerk for Safeway. I sorted, organized and filed for 8 hours every day.
- My favorite movie ever is the Sound of Music. When I was 13 I was fortunate enough to go to Europe where I was able to see some of the set locations in Austria. I was thrilled!
- When I was a little girl, my grandparents told me I could have a horse and keep it at their house. But my parents wouldn’t let me. I’m scarred for life. 🙂 Now, my daughter keeps asking for a horse and my answer is always, “No way”. Too much work and too expensive to feed.
- I am extremely stubborn. If someone tells me not to do something and I don’t agree with them then I will do exactly what they tell me not to do. When I had a boss to report to this really didn’t work out so well for me. And if I tell you I’m not coming back, I really mean it!
I am also supposed to pass this along to 10 other “honest scrap” bloggers. Because this is a much more “revealing” award, I’m going to leave it up to the recipients to determine whether they’d like to play along. I will not be offended in any way if the people I’ve chosen decided to opt out.
And my award recipients are (drumroll, please):